Saturday, September 17, 2022

My thoughts about The Little Mermaid

  • Good:
  • Halle Bailey is perfect for the role of Ariel and she is very pretty.
  • Racebending doesn't matter, especially for a mermaid.
  • "Mermaids aren't supposed to be black they live in the deep sea" well they aren't supposed to have human heads, arms, or chests, either. The Little Mermaid is a fantasy story. If you cared about Ariel having translucent skin where were you 33 years ago?
  • I wonder what Ariel's sisters and dad will look like.
  • I wonder what Ariel's human dresses will look like, especially the pink dinner party dress.
  • I wonder if the chef will come back.
  • The battle scene at the end would probably look cool.
  • I think they're making Scuttle a girl in this movie?
  • This movie will be the 6th princess to get a reboot. The others were Cinderella, Aurora (kinda), Belle, Jasmine, and Mulan, followed by Snow White. I don't think Pocahontas will get one ever because of the "story" in hand.
  • I heard the plot will change a lot in this film, with Ariel not primarily pursuing love. I'm mostly neutral over this but I do hope they do good with this story.
  • Bailey as Ariel will be the saving grace of the movie and Part of Your World will probably be my favorite part.

  • Bad:
  • The movie looks very desaturated, not egregiously so because it's the pirate ship and Ariel's human treasure trove, and that's kind of the point with those two in particular, but I hope with the rest of the locations like the Atlantica castle, they will have a more colorful look. Just because it's live-action doesn't mean you're bounded by Animal Planet.
  • Prediction: Under the Sea will be my least favorite part and I will only have my eyes on the one character in that scene with a human face. Ironically, I will probably not hate Kiss the Girl, if it even shows up.
  • I have no hopes for Eric in this movie. Neither do I have hopes for Vanessa. My biggest prediction is that the characters' acting will be handled poorly.
  • Looking at Cleo in the Pinocchio remake, Flounder and the other fish will probably look similar to her. 🟤👄🟤

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookie Run Cookie Fun

New Cookie Run update is focused on Pure Vanilla Cookie and White Lily Cookie. Pure Vanilla Cookie might be trying to save White Lily from d...